Thursday, October 17, 2013

INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM VIA INTERNET- DAY 3




We started at 9 am by pitching stories. After writing stories we uploaded to our blogs and provided some links.

I am so happy on the way we learn by doing

I have learned how to search a story from different links and write my own by using the sources from those links.

I did about the The Mtwara gas saga in which I researched the whole process which the government has done in the investment of gas and oil. I found that Mtwara people had a reason to confront the government on how they could benefit from the gas investment.

I also found that the governemnt has stick on its stand that the gas must benefit the whole nation rather than Mtwara people themselves.

I also learned that, the exploration and production of gas is very expensive, thus the government has employ foreign companies to invest. However the question remain on whether Tanzania will benefit or it will just be a resource curse?

In order to improve the training in the future, more materials should be given and it should be done out of Dar es Salaam.

I would like to thank Peik Johansson a trainer and consultant who trained us for three days and Ms Cecilia Mung'ong'o for house keeping and my fellow participants:
Imma Mbuguni, Athuman Sharif, Seif Jige, Joyce Shebe, Mark Mkwama, Sylvia Mwehozi, Hlda Mhagama and Basil Msongo.

No comments:

Post a Comment